Eye shadow | MUA Undress Me Too

The Undress Me Too eye shadow palette is one beauty item I had been eyeing up for a while. Available in Superdrug, this palette is said to be a near dupe for Urban Decay's Naked 2 palette, but at an absolute steal of a price. The Undress Me Too palette has 12 different shadows and is a mixture of mattes and pearls/shimmers to help create a very pretty smokey eye by "mixing soft neutrals and cool greys with stunning gold metallics".

 

As a big fan of neutral eye shadow colours (I already own the Benefit Big Beautiful Eyes set) as well as loving a smokey eye for the evening, this palette seemed an absolute no brainer for me. I had my eye on the original Undress Me palette also, but this one stood out just a tad more so I picked it up last Friday when buying a few little pay day make up treats. Having read some reviews on the Urban Decay Naked palettes I definitely knew I wanted one, or at least one similar, because I could never justify spending £35 plus on some eye shadows, no matter how gorgeous they may be! The high street does some great deals for makeup at very affordable prices so this is definitely why I love to browse places like Superdrug and Boots, especially as there is so much variety of brands in these shops too. This MUA palette is just £4, YES you read that correctly. Four little pounds. How amazing is that?! For 12 different shades to create such versatile looks and almost a carbon copy to Urban Decay's palettes. Everyone is a fan of a dupe if you can find it at a fraction of the price! So obviously, the price was a major plus point in this particular purchase, it was too good to pass up. 

The colours are (L-R) : 
(Top) Naked, Devotion, Shy, Fiery, Lavish, Dreamy
(Bottom) Tranquil, Exposed, Reveal, Wink, Obsessed, Corrupt

As you can see from this next photo, the similarities between the two eye shadow sets...


Whilst they are not 100% identical, MUA has done a pretty decent job at duping the colours here. I'm currently unsure how pigmented each of the shadows are, as I've yet to start experimenting with them (except Lavish which I've used for a nice natural base) but am hoping the colour pay off is good! (As is the case of 'You get what you pay for', many of MUA's products have been found to be pretty decent, so keeping the fingers and toes crossed for these shadows too).



I may have to write up a little review soon reflecting on whether this palette lives up to expectations, but for now I am looking forward to using these colours to create some new pretty looks in the coming weeks - both for day time and night time!

I hope you enjoyed reading! - Camilla xo

No comments:

Post a Comment