Barry M Gelly Hi Shine Nail Paint

Hi all, hope everyone had a nice weekend and first half of the week soaking up the gorgeous Spring sunshine!

Today I'll be writing a post on the Barry M Gelly nail paints that I bought on Friday. After seeing a photo of the pink "Dragon Fruit" shade on The Pale Side of Beauty 's Instagram page last week, I loved it so much that I went out to Superdrug on Friday morning and took advantage of their "2 for £6" offer on all nail paints that were £3.99 individually.

I picked up the "Dragon Fruit" colour which is a gorgeous pink and then stood there for a while umm-ing and ahh-ing over which other bottle to pick out. As it's Spring now I wanted a lighter shade (already own too many darker nail polishes) and was pondering over a light purple or very light blue, but in the end spotted "Lychee" which is a really nice natural "nude" shade.


A natural nail polish is something I'd not previously owned and felt it could look really pretty for every day and very classy, especially as these gelly hi shine paints seem to promise a shiny coat without the need of a top coat to be applied. I opted for Lychee over the weekend since my nails had been painted various bright colours over the course of the week, but also to see how this particular shade would fair on my quite pale skin tone.

I applied a base coat before opting for two coats of this gelly nail paint, mostly because the first coat of Lychee seemed to apply slightly patchy for some bizarre reason. On some blog posts I've read regarding this particular polish, it's been said that three coats are needed for best results, but the two coats used on my own nails makes them look gorgeous. The colour itself is a pretty warm almost "caramel" shade with a hint of taupe to it, which therefore doesn't make it too white as some nude polishes turn out to be.


I've been wearing this nail paint for 3-4 days now without a top coat and so far there's been no chips which is pretty good going! Compared to other nail polishes this really is great quality. I'm very pleased with it. Here is a snap of my nails taken today with Lychee on them so you can see how it's still in place...



For anyone looking for a nice natural nail colour to wear every day or to work, I'd definitely recommend this one. Happy with this purchase and excited to try out the "Dragon Fruit" pink polish next weekend/beginning of next week.

Hope you enjoyed reading! - Camilla xo

No comments:

Post a Comment