Makeup | Face of the Day

Hi all, I thought I'd do a little post today about what I've been wearing on my face throughout today. Most of these makeup products are every day staples which I swear by and others are gorgeous products I use sometimes for something different.


My foundation is L'Oreal Paris True Match liquid foundation in the shade "Golden Ivory". I absolutely love this foundation and don't know where I'd be without it. It's the perfect shade for my skin and really evens out my skin tone. On "good skin days" I'll only apply one layer of this, either with the Real Techniques stippling brush (as seen in the photo) or I'll blend it in with my fingers. Recently there's been a few bad skin days where I've wanted to hide away from the world but for these days I apply two layers to hide blemishes and make sure that the layers are blended nicely to avoid that "cakey layer" effect some foundations give. I then usually just dust over some of my L'Oreal Paris True Match mineral powder foundation in the same shade just to even out the liquid and blend down my neck.

For cheeks this Miss Sporty bronzer has been absolutely lovely, as it includes two shades a light one and a more medium one which I blend together then use to contour/bronze my face to give some more shape/definition as I have a bit of a chipmunk face and not strong cheekbones at all (boo *thumbs down*).

I am a big lover of black eyeliner but as it's spring time and the sun is shining more and more I'm trying to ween myself off of it for a lighter spring day time look. So for my eyes I applied the new MUA Undress Me Too eyeshadow palette which is something not used every day (prior to buying this I used the Benefit Big Beautiful Eyes palette and now am beginning to alternate between the two). The two shadow colours I used today were "Lavish" (a light brown) all over the eye to create a natural base followed by "Obsessed" (a slightly darker brown with some shimmers in it) patted on the outside corner and blended into my socket to build up a slight smokey eye.

Mascara is in the form of a new favourite, which I was given free in a little makeup haul from my lovely dad who picked up a load of Maybelline/L'Oreal makeup for me for free in a staff clearance at his work. It is the Maybelline "Illegal Length" mascara in black and I love it! It gives such a nice "false lash" effect and where my eyelashes are really long anyway, this makes them stand out even more which is amazing. Definitely a new staple in my make up bag!

For my lips today I just used an old favourite Clinique lipstick which is lovely rosey pink colour, as I didn't fancy a bright lip today and wasn't venturing out of the house much.

To set my makeup I've been using the MUA fix setting spray (not sure of its proper name as I've not got it to hand) but it's only £5 for 60ml which is such good value!

So that's my "Face of the day" makeup for today! Hope you enjoyed it. :)

Hope you enjoyed reading! - Camilla xo

No comments:

Post a Comment