Mac Creme Cup






If you know me, you'll know I love a bright lip. In my current growing lipstick collection there's a variety of brighter colours for example Rimmel London Kiss of Life and popping pinks by Mac (Girl About Town and Candy Yum Yum) as well as Mac Brave Red. There's something about the bolder colours that seem to make my lips look really nice and defined whilst complimenting lighter eye makeup looks. I do own some every day neutral rosey pinks which are pretty and a couple of nudes but the nudey shades are 1) too brown for my skin tone and 2) smell horrible (Rimmel I'm looking at you. Please sort out the old fashioned smell out!)

As a result of the bad nude lipstick experience, I've put off buying a light lipstick for absolutely ages, preferring to team any fairly light natural day time eye looks with my favoured bright colours. If you follow me on Instagram you'll have seen them as I'm always wearing them! After much research for quite a number of weeks, reading through blogs and comparisons of a number of different MAC lipsticks, I decided it was time to take the jump to buy a subtle day time pink. 

With pay day just a few days away I decided it wouldn't hurt the bank balance too much if I picked up a new one today. So after I'd been to the cinema I popped into Fenwicks to have a nosey at the lipstick counter and decide on one. Creme Cup by MAC is one of the names that is so obviously popular in the bloggersphere, and was also a shade recommended by a few friends too. I read numerous blogs comparing it to Angel, Please Me and Hue and in the end decided to pluck up the courage and go for Creme Cup. I swatched it at the MAC counter today next to Please Me but the latter was a matte whereas Creme Cup's Cremesheen finish looked a lot more pleasant. Nothing wrong with matte finishes though, Candy Yum Yum is a matte lippie that I own (which I wore today) and I do like a matte lip!
I am super excited to try this new colour out, pairing it with both natural and more smokey dark eye looks for night time. I have heard that as it is a cremesheen, it only lasts for a couple of hours so needs to be re applied throughout the day but I do that with all my lipsticks anyway so this shouldn't pose a problem.

Obviously at £15 a pop they are by no means cheap but the thing with these is I view them as an investment and a set of lipsticks that I am certainly going to get my wear out of.

No comments:

Post a Comment