Dove Summer Glow Moisturising Lotion





I've always been one to love the sun and the warm weather but hate getting burnt and my skin is quite pale and takes ages to naturally tan in the summer months. We've had some warmer brighter weather here in the south east of the UK over the past few days and it's been so nice and pleasant. Given the chance I love nothing more than chilling out on a sun lounger basking in the sun's rays but even after some many hours in the heat my skin doesn't get much colour to it which I hate.

Another thing is fake tans have always been a thing that scare me, the fear of turning orange like a satsuma is not fun and therefore fake tans are a product I usually steer well clear of. On the odd occasion in the past (sixth form leavers balls etc) I've dabbled with self tanners to give myself a bit of extra colour - notably the Johnson's one in the yellow bottle - and looking back my sixth form leavers ball I was kind of orange for, whereas the application of a bit of tanner for my boyfriend's leaver's night was much more subtle.

After a day in the glorious weather today at the beach with my best friend, we had a nose in Superdrug and stumbled upon this Dove Summer Glow lotion which has a gradual self tanner included in it. It was on offer at half price of £2.48 for a 250ml bottle so I thought 'Bargain' and have opted to try it, in the "Fair to Medium skin" option. The thing about gradual tanners is they tend to give a more natural looking tan coverage for my skin opposed to an instant tan which is often a bit much and usually always tends to end up in me looking like my legs have been tangoed! Which isn't a good look.

A plus point for this product is its a moisturizer too to help keep skin soft and smooth which is great plus it smells fresh too! Not that horrible biscuit smell most fake tans give off. I've applied this to my legs tonight so excited to see what results it leads to if I apply it more than once this week for a natural looking summery glow.

Do you have a favourite self tanner?

No comments:

Post a Comment