Barry M Gelly Hi Shines and Mattes

The number of Barry M nail paints in my collection is slowly growing thanks to a 3 for 2 purchase on all products in the brand on Friday afternoon. Huckleburry (a light pastel blue) and Pomegranate (a deep pink/red) were the two I chose after reading a couple of reviews online and I also picked up a matte paint in shade Vanilla.

 


Lychee is probably my favourite nail polish for every day but the matte Vanilla is one I'd had my eye on for a while; several people posted images on Instagram recently over the past few weeks wearing a taupey-purple almost mushroom colour on their nails which looked so pretty and therefore spurred me on to find a similar shade myself. A quick search on google led me to the Barry M Vanilla. This particular polish is a taupe-nude with significant purple undertones, as opposed to Models Own Utopia that has more silver/white undertones.


Out of the three that I picked up, Huckleburry is probably my favourite. An absolutely gorgeous pastel/sky blue, it is such a pretty shade for the spring and summer. I applied this to my nails on Friday evening, it needed two coats as the first was quite thin and streaky, but with two coats it set lovely. One word of warning is it is quite bright, a fun light shade for the summery months though.



Third up is Pomegranate. A deep pink/red, it is more on the pink side than red - a lot like Raspberry in the usual BM range but with more pink pigmentation, kind of like a berry wine colour. Sadly the camera picks up the red tones in it more. Haven't yet applied this to my nails but am excited to try it. Having seen a few photos on other blogs it does look gorgeous, particularly as it is a Gelly nail paint and therefore will dry with the shiny "Gelly" top. Whilst it's not a light pastel for spring or summer, the deeper nail polishes are perfect for evenings out.


Favourite nail polishes?


No comments:

Post a Comment