New Purchases | Shopping HAUL

Over the past month or so I've acquired various new beauty and clothing bits and bobs. Remaining birthday money has played its part in delving into the sale rails in New Look and a couple of new Topshop nail polishes have left me one happy bunny.

First up, are the TOPSHOP NAILS polishes (£5.00 each). I don't know about you, but I really quite like the variety Topshop offer for their nail range. About a month ago I was browsing before work and decided to treat myself to two new colours. RELAPSE, a hot pink, and EXPOSED, which is an off-white almost grey shade. Both look great on, particularly Exposed. I usually apply two coats for both of these polishes but Exposed required 3 coats for a true matte finish.


It's been a while since I bought new footwear, particularly practical every day shoes. My old canvas 'Converse'-esque trainers had splits down the sides so therefore this meant purchasing a new pair of canvas pumps that would be comfortable enough to wear on my Saturdays going to football. I spotted a simple pair of white DUNLOP trainers in Sports Direct a few weeks ago, and for just £9.99, they are a bargain. They are very comfortable and I really like them.

Next up, it's on to clothing. TU Clothing for SAINSBURYS do some brilliant pieces and luckily our local store in town stocks the most amazing quality jumpers. On the website I'd spied a super cute fluffy jumper with bright cat face design on the front and luckily it was in stock in town. This past week there was 25% off all clothing in the TU range so this jumper only cost me £15.00 (down from £20.00).



As previously mentioned, the sale rails in NEW LOOK have proved great for once. Whenever I've stepped in to their shop before the clothes on offer haven't really jumped out at me, but this time I managed to pick up some great bargains. (From L-R) :


L: This super cute royal blue scoop neck top, with its bat wing style sleeves and pretty details at the bottom is probably my favourite buy recently. It looks gorgeous and something you would also easily find in Topshop for probably double (or triple) the price. The fabric isn't too heavy so it sits right on your frame and hangs very nice too. I think the original price of this was £19.99 but I got my mitts on this for just £12.00.

M: I have a big love for floral day time shirts with peter pan style collars, and am delighted with this next purchase. My mum has always said that green is a colour that works well on me, and this shade of green with the flowers scattered all over it is no exception. It is just a really pretty day time top that can be teamed easily with some jeans and pair of ballerina flats. The price of this one was £9.00, reduced down from £14.99.

R: The final top I picked up is something totally different from what I would usually wear. Long floaty sleeves are not usually my preferred choice on a shirt however this blue and green flowered one is so pretty, I couldn't pass it by. My wardrobe on a whole needed a little updating and this top will hopefully be a great new addition. This bargain was £8.00 instead of £17.99.

Last on my list is another New Look sale piece! I was in Canterbury yesterday and managed a quick browse while my other half was buying a new phone and found my eyes drawn to a pair of soft denim skinny jeans. I'd been on the hunt for a nice quality pair of jeans with a slight turn up for ages and am so pleased that these were on sale. Down to £10.00 from £19.99 and a size 8 too (that is always a good day when I fit in to size 8 New Look jeans!)



Finally... My last product to talk about was a little treat from my dad. It is the RIMMEL LONDON Scandaleyes Retro Glam Mascara in Extreme Black. A nice surprise as I was in need of a new mascara and this saves me forking out a few pounds for a new one! I've used this a few times since receiving it and so far, so good. I really like it. Will probably be writing a more in depth post on this soon.

Cam xo

No comments:

Post a Comment