First Impressions | Make Up Revolution, MUA & Wilko Premium Brushes

Today's blog post is all about a few new beauty items I stumbled my way across this week. I've yet to use any of these products so far, this is more of a first impressions write up.




On a quick trip into Wilkinson's (now re named Wilko) in the week, a friend and I discovered in their little cosmetics section they have a range of make up brushes at seriously affordable prices. At first glance they look very similar to the Real Techniques range with their black and gold colour scheme. I think the look of brushes is very classic and simple, easy to identify which is also helped by the name of each brush in the central black panel of each handle. I decided on one of the eyeshadow brushes and selected the "Smokey eye duo brush which is a double ended brush; one brush for eyeshadow application/blending and the other slanted brush for eyeliner/brows. This brush retails at £3.





Wilko's also now has an Essence cosmetics stand too, so after much decision making, I went for one of their lipsticks (yeah like I need more...). The price of their lipsticks are under £3, which is a nice affordable amount, and each lipstick appears very pigmented. These lip colours however are not 100% matte - they have more of a sheer finish to them making it easy to build up the colour if you wish. Now Autumn is upon us, the darker plum colours begin to stand out that little bit more, so shade 09 Wear Berries! was the lipstick purchased. In comparison to Mac's lipsticks, some of the cheaper options available do have the tendency to feel almost 'waxy' however Essence's lipsticks feel quite creamy on the lips and also have a nice scent to them.

Make Up Revolution has at last found its way into our local Superdrug and I must say I am very impressed with this cosmetic range! It is nice to have another brand available that could really rival MUA, Barry M, Sleek etc.. Having heard many positive reviews about various products from this range, I picked up their Bronzer Shimmer Highlight pan for the autumn/winter months. My current bronzer that I use for contour is slightly too orange for my complexion so this one looks perfect. Am slowly moving away from bronzey looks to focusing more on buildable contouring which is a lot of fun and I am hoping this product will help with this. The fact it contains 3 different shades incorporated with shimmer/highlighter is fantastic, and for just £4 too, what a bargain!





Lastly, a new eyeshadow palette was on the agenda. I'd been eyeing up the MUA Heaven and Earth palette for goodness knows how long (already own their Undress Me Too palette) but the H&E shades appear ever so slightly darker and also the majority contain shimmer, meaning this selection of 12 shadows will be perfect for evening looks. 




Have you any new products ready for the chillier months?

Cam xo

No comments:

Post a Comment