Playing catch up | Summer, Graduation, Birthdays and Shopping Haul

It appears I've neglected my little blog over the past month or so... Busy weeks working, weekends meeting up with friends and chilling out enjoying the lovely summer sunshine has meant not much time has been spent at home or on my laptop which leaves the blog looking a little empty! I promise to return to doing more posts more often. :-)

So catching up over the last 8 weeks since my last post... I've turned another year older waving goodbye to 21 to saying hello to 22, enjoyed several evenings out for dinner and drinks with new friends from work as well as a cute little date night out with Alex to a restaurant on the seafront a couple of weeks ago. The seafront regatta also took place a week ago which involved music, fairground rides, stalls and boat races in the harbour. Luckily in south east England we've had the pleasure of a heat wave recently which has been perfect for all of the outdoor activities taking place.




Alex's Graduation took place at the Cathedral two weeks ago now, and what an absolutely wonderful day that was! It was fantastic, such a proud occasion for everyone. The weather was perfect, although slightly too hot (31 degree heat, not breeze, phewf!!), and Alex looked so smart in his graduation robes and mortarboard. It was a morning ceremony, 10:30am, which meant the celebrations could be spread out throughout the day with a late lunch and drinks following by the market square and later down next to the marina.



Finally, I finally got to meet up with my friend Grace. We arranged a little shopping trip to Bluewater shopping centre and it was great to meet up and spend the day together!



Our first stop was Topshop and the stand full of brightly coloured nail polishes caught our eyes almost immediately. One of the first shades that I picked up was the one I decided on pretty much there and then - a pretty icey pale blue which is unlike any other nail polish I own. Also neither of us own a Topshop polish so thought we'd buy one each. Grace chose a green polish to go nicely with her summery dresses on her holiday soon. :)

The store Apricot is one I'd browsed as a range in Dorothy Perkins but hadn't realised they had a separate store until yesterday. There happened to be a sale going on so we stepped inside to have a nosey.  On one of the sale racks there were some pretty tops reduced from £19 to £10 and I picked up a red and white patterned top with floaty sleeves. Teamed with jeans and a pair of cute flat ballerinas this would be a perfect summer evening outfit or could even go into autumn for day time with jeans and boots. 

Grace picked up a Sleek eyebrow pencil in Boots and our final purchases occurred on the MAC counter... Too many lipstick swatches later, mostly of pink lipsticks (I have a serious problem when it comes to fushia lips, love them!) I finally decided on a deep berry pink lipstick in the Retro Matte formula: All Fired Up. I adore bold lips for night time and there seems to be something about a statement matte lip against simple makeup that I just find so appealing. It will definitely be one that will be perfect for the autumn/winter as I have found my other bright fushia - Girl About Town - to be more of a day time lipstick. (Just my personal preference).




So there's my quick round up of the past couple of months! "Back to usual business" next weekend though as the football season starts again so there is a lot to look forward to! I may also write a little blog post at the end of next weekend as we are invited to the wedding reception of one of my lovely friends from University so there may be a "What We Wore - Outfit of the Evening" blog appearing! 

Camilla xo

No comments:

Post a Comment