Catching up and beauty product questions

Hey all, sorry I've been slightly MIA on the blog this month. The past few weeks have been a busy few with work, match reports, applying for courses in London as well as general life. There's been days where I've been meaning to blog, begin to write a post but then can't find the words to write. Writers block if you will. My Instagram account has been fairly active throughout April though, documenting some beauty favourites, days out, football and catch ups with friends.

TEXT HEAVY POST!

The course in London I've applied for is a fast-track Newspaper Journalism course based at Lambeth College in September. Originally I wanted to do a sports journalism course and whilst it's available at News Associates in Wimbledon, Lambeth College in Clapham do not have it as one of their courses. If all goes to plan I will hopefully be studying there from September for 18 weeks in order to obtain my NCTJ Journalism qualification. Keep your fingers crossed for me. :)

Match reporting for my football club is also going well. It's nearing the end of my second season reporting for the club and it's all great experience. We've had some good days out on the road following the team and while there's been some home defeats to report on, I've been able to write up some good wins too. The team has made the playoffs for promotion which we all didn't think they'd achieve this season after high expectations from the playoff final last year (which we lost) but miracles happen and there's now two matches to be played before the final; one tomorrow evening at the home ground which I'm reporting on and then Saturday's afternoon game away at Sutton United. Match reporting has been valuable experience for me as my ideal line of work in the future is journalism - ideally sports - therefore the portfolio I'm being able to create through this position may prove vital one day.

On the beauty shopping side of things, funds have been slightly limited so there's not been as many purchases as I would have liked, but from one of my previous blog posts you can catch up on my thoughts on the Real Techniques Blush Brush. Pay day is tomorrow (Wednesday) when I'm looking forward to having a browse in Boots on their 3 for 2 offers and also in Superdrug to see if I can snap up any bargains! On the list is the highlighter from the MUA range which has been raved about on the bloggersphere for some time now. Excited to pick that up and see if it's worth the hype.

Also on the list of items to grab is some more Barry M Gelly nail paints - the shade Lychee in this range of Barry M nails is fast becoming my holy grail of every day polishes. It's absolutely gorgeous for an every day look, it's so classy and a lovely nudey shade. Hopefully I will find a brighter coral shade (perhaps Pomegranate?) and also a light purple/almost mushroom coloured nail paint. If anyone knows one like it please do let me know! Have seen various girls wear a colour such as this on their nails in photos on Instagram and it's driving me crazy not knowing what it is!

Lastly my new quest is to find a relatively reasonably priced drugstore foundation and concealer. The current one which I've not strayed from in years is the L'oreal Paris True Match line of foundations - I own a liquid formula and mineral powder formula one, both in the same shade "Golden Ivory". At £9.99 and £14.99 (think the price has increased since I last bought the mineral one) I don't necessarily class them as "cheap" but the length of time that they last for makes them reasonably priced in my book. The True Match foundations are a mid-high coverage foundation but my skin has been wreaking havoc recently and certain angry spots have still shown through despite buildable foundation and a bit of concealer. I read rave reviews about both Rimmel's Wake Me Up and Match Perfect foundations but a lot of reviews mentioned both of these were low-mid coverage and didn't necessarily work well with oily skin. Which I have. So if anyone could recommend a decent full coverage foundation that won't break my bank account, please get in touch as I'd rather not waste my money on foundations that won't give me the coverage I require! Same goes for concealers, too! Thank you. :)

Camilla xo


No comments:

Post a Comment